Oftentimes today, marriages unfortunately do not work out. When you feel that your marriage is unrepairable and you are thinking of filing for divorce, we are here to assist in serving the papers to your spouse. It is important to consider the benefits of filing for divorce first in not just a financial manner, but also when it comes to the legal side of things.
The first to file for divorce gets to:
- Advantageously plan and take their time in doing so when having to choose a lawyer.
- Have the first pick of the lot when it comes to which court will hear your case. This is particularly important because the one who chooses which court will hear their case is ultimately picking which laws will suit to your advantage. For example, if you and your spouse currently live in different states or countries you could possibly have your pick as to jurisdiction.Some states have local laws of divorce that could better benefit you. e.g. The laws of the state your husband lives in is a 50/50 settlement of all assets, while the law of the state you live in gets to decide how the assets are settled between the two.
- Gets management of the time frames.
- Gets to seize the moment for protecting community property.
- Gets to make the first argument at trial.
The one who gets served has the responsibility of:
- Filing a response with the court in the time frame given. Such a time frame will depend on the circumstances and state.
- Preparing quickly by attaining a lawyer.
Our team is there to help your divorce process go smoothly by ensuring that the papers are properly served in a very timely manner. Roland Investigations has several different options when it comes to the time frame in which you need the documents to be served. We are often able to serve your papers within 24 hours of receiving the documents! Fill out the online form today to get started.
Download a Service of Process Request Form